dr Anna Jelec
About the course...
Consecutive interpreting is a very demanding skill. It requires not only a high language proficiency, but also quick reflexes, public speaking skills, a sense of humour, flexibility, a well-trained memory and poise. Consecutive interpreters perform in front of small groups of people but also before large audiences. The venues vary from a forest melioration ditch to gala dinners. The topics range from diplomatic negotiation to technical meetings about lighting on a football stadium. The only thing that stays constant is the requirement for highest quality performance. During this course we are going to improve your interpreting, note-taking and speaking skills in order prepare you to enter this very competitive job market.
- 2MA WSTK Tue 4:45- 8:00 pm 202A
- 2MA WA Mon 3:00 - 6:15 pm 202A
Moodle Online Learning System
To access the Moodle page for your course:
- Log in to Moodle.
- If you are from the WSTK group search for "Tłumaczenia konsekutywne A-B (A. Jelec)" or access the course through the course catalogue;
- If you are from the TK group search for "Tłumaczenia konsekutywne A-B-A (A. Jelec)" or access the course through the course catalogue. There is one Moodle page for both Polish-English and English-Polish consecutive.
- You're going to learn the password durning the first class of the semester.